Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JayCalifornia

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone my name is Jay, I’ve been in the hobby for 6 years now and i recently had to break down a lot of my tanks and condense them to just one because i am expecting my first child! It was heartbreaking but i chose to set up a small reef tank so my child can enjoy the hobby as well. I set up a 3 foot long acrylic tank with a lot of hardy “beginner” corals and for live stock i chose fish that originate from Indonesia/Indo pacific. I have 5 Talbot damsels, a Valentini puffer and a banded moray eel who I’ve had for over a year. Ive had this tank set up for a couple months now and everything seems to be thriving, puffer doesn’t bother corals and the eel gets kept well fed. I dont have a fancy set up for this I’m just running a skimmer rated for 2x the size of the tank, T5’s and weekly water changes. I have tons of live rock that take up most of the tank for biological filtration as well. I do plan to upgrade in the near future once i get settled. But in the meantime enjoy.IMG_0607.jpgIMG_0608.jpg

Hi JayCalifornia. Welcome to the community!

Congratulations on a new life for you to care for and guide. Very happy for you :)

It is a wonderful hobby to be sharing with young ones. Babies like looking at fish tanks too!

Your tank looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom