Introduction ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SummerR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my name is Summer. I'm from Tennessee. We've had a 20 gallon for awhile with 2 bettas, 2 kuhli loaches, 2 ottos, and some cardinal tetras. We recently setup a 45 gallon with a orange seam pleco and plan to put angelfish in eventually. We just got some shipped to us a few days ago.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Khuli loaches and Otocinclus catfish like company and do best in groups of 6 or more. When you move the fish into the bogger tank, perhaps add a few more to build up their numbers. Make sure you quarantine any new fish for at least 2 (preferably 4) weeks before adding them to the main display tank/s.

I knew about the ottos, I unfortunately had a few losses when we first started. I've since done more research about how to look for and treat fish. I didn't know that about the kuhli loaches though. Thank you! Next time we go to the pet store I'll get more. We live about a hour from any pet stores, so we only go a few times as needed.

Back
Top Bottom