Iodine testing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markodeniro

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been looking at iodine dosing but can't find any tests? Anyone know of any or any reasons why I don't need to do it? I'm pretty sure water changes will maintain it? I have a pulsing Xenia that I've noticed has stopped pulsing as actively as usual. Read online this can be due to lack of iodine?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Seachem makes one.

I do not recommend you target specific iodine or dose. If you notice a deficiency simply perform a water change, as this is likely not the only element that is low... I would expense other products for other elements before getting the iodine test kit.. You could also try positioning the xenia is a lower flow lagoon area..

I too would recommend just doing a water change. PWC`s will give you all you need in iodine for your tank. The only time I would recommend dosing Iodine is if you had wall to wall packed SPS in your tank. Try the frequent PWC`s first.

Thanks guys water change planned tonight, she has been pulsing well in the past so likes the spot so just think we have depleted water of nutrients

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom