Is it safe for an Angel? PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pogfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, Recently got a new tank cycled and all and have had fish in it for two weeks now.
The problem I have is that I have an angel in a not-so-great tank and was going to transfer him into the new one then upgrade/ plant the tank and use it 4 other fish. BUT the ph in the tank with the angel in it that I want to upgrade, has a ph of 6.0 and the one I want to transfer him to Has a ph of 7.8.

So I am wondering if it would be safe to transfer the angel into the tank.
If there are any safe suggestions to transfer Plz write something on this Thread as I am in need of help

Regards, pogfish

Angel's can easily adjust to a PH of 7.8, but transitioning from PH 6 to PH 7.8 will take a little time.
I suggest partially filling a five gallon bucket with PH 6 water & the Angel. Over the next hour gradually mix the PH 7.8 water until the bucket is full. At that point transfer the Angel into the new tank.
This procedure should eliminate the possibility of PH shock. Good luck.

Angel's can easily adjust to a PH of 7.8, but transitioning from PH 6 to PH 7.8 will take a little time.
I suggest partially filling a five gallon bucket with PH 6 water & the Angel. Over the next hour gradually mix the PH 7.8 water until the bucket is full. At that point transfer the Angel into the new tank.
This procedure should eliminate the possibility of PH shock. Good luck.

Hey, I did it and I was all perfect..... BUT the other bossy boot angel I had in there was chasing and nipping him.
So I have to put him back.

That's how things go sometimes. You might pick up a few more Angel's & introduce a group rather than a solo.

As you just found, there is more to Angels than pH. Their behavior can get "aggressive/territorial"

I had many mishaps with Angels, few good experiences. I once had 3 Angels in a tank together that lasted years, they bonded and thrived nicely, yet most other times it has been a nightmare keeping a small group. I would try taking out the aggressive Angel for a few days while the new one acclimates and gets used to the tank, then add the other and keep an eye on things.

Back
Top Bottom