is it wrong that I singled out one of my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jussy

Aquarium Advice Regular
:fish1:Hi, just wanted 2 kno if the action I had taken is correct and if I will be able 2 put it back into the tank freely? I have a female guppy which is very violent, she attempts to bite the other fish in my tank so I had separated her in a separate breeding net thingy.

Loool I. Left mine inthere for about 2days or so, just released her now :p

Also just wanted 2 kno if she was preggo or notwhere her gravid spot should be its kind of yellow/orange and she's probaly the same size as one of my preg guppies?

Attachments

• IMG-20110711-00204.jpg
    IMG-20110711-00204.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG-20110711-00205.jpg
    IMG-20110711-00205.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG-20110711-00206.jpg
    IMG-20110711-00206.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 119
Can u see if she's pregnant or not, where her gravid spots supposed to be it's yellow/orange. And she's quite large

Cheers mate :)
Should I put her in the breeding tank thingy??

I'd wait until she was a little more square to put her in a breeder box, but like all said, its totally okay to seperate her if she is too aggressive.

Ok
But shes still eating, I've read that when they loose there appetite that's when you should put them in the bb.

I wait until mine were really dark and then put them in the breeder for a day, and if she didn't have babies I took her out. So basically a day in, day out.

My molly continued to eat until the day she dropped fry. That's not the best indicator of when to put her in ;) when she looks like this \__/ it's time to put her in.

But her gravid spot is yellow? It's supposed to be black isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom