Is my black moor changeing colour or losing scales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OHi My black moor developed an orange patch on her gills a few months ago. And she look s like she's slowly turning orange. She is about a year and a half old. In good health, active and feeds well. But her very small fins under the large back tail I noticed today are a little torn so I'm gona buy some melafix to help that repair.
Parameters
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
10-20 nitrate

She shares a 465litre tank with 5 other fancies, 3danios, 3wcms and 1variatus platy. No other problems.

But I want to be sure her scales aren't falling off. Here's a PIC.

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1439337179975.jpg
    1439337179975.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 545
  • 1439337203544.jpg
    1439337203544.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 1439337208092.jpg
    1439337208092.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 1439337227410.jpg
    1439337227410.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 150
She's a beautiful fish! Very healthy and happy looking :)

Do you know how / why the fins got torn?

I suggest that you keep up with pristine water conditions to help with healing the fins.

I have a similar issue with one of my fancy goldfish, Gus. I am hoping that perfect water conditions will be enough to aid in healing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ps I wouldn't bother with the Melafix. Just try maintaining pristine water.

I think the colour has something to do with the food.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I think the colour has something to do with the food.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Perhaps, to a degree, but black moores do change colour from black to orange. The white patches could be the result of an injury or infection.

She hasn't knocked herself as far as I know. The patches aren't white but orange. She has always had a silvery white underbelly since a baby. Unlike my two other black moors who were darker on the belly and havent changed colour. Water is pristine. She has a little tear on those tiny find near the anus. Under the long back tail. Other fins are good.

Food hasn't changed. She eats sinking pellets premium goldfish for fancies think make is tetra at work can check when home. I sometime feed new era. I feed veggies most days. And frozen brimpshimp couple times a week. They get two meals a day. My Ryukin is a Blimp she's massive. I feed live food occasionally.

I'm so sorry - my mistake! I was thinking of another post regarding the white patches. Please forgive me - am home sick with flu and bronchitis :-(

Your fish is getting excellent care - I am sure the fins will heal. I have been closely watching over my Gus's fins and they seem to be doing ok on a regime of strict water changes and a little goldfish salt to 0.3% of the tank volume. Gus gets a similar diet to your fish, except he also has a nightly bedtime treat of fresh pea. The good diet should also aid with healing.

I'll let you know how Gus goes, and I'll be keen to hear how your sweet fish is doing, too :)

No worries. This is my blimp lol my fat female ryukin

Attachments

• 1439420892895.jpg
    1439420892895.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 82
My black moor is still doing fine. You can see in the PIC above my black moor has a funny curve in her spine near back tail. She was born like that. All my black moors are a little disabled I purposely brought the dodgy looking ones cause I feel sorry for them. My ryukin on the other hand is a grade B.

My black moor is still doing fine. You can see in the PIC above my black moor has a funny curve in her spine near back tail. She was born like that. All my black moors are a little disabled I purposely brought the dodgy looking ones cause I feel sorry for them. My ryukin on the other hand is a grade B.

Glad to hear your gorgeous black moor is doing well.

Thank you for showing me a picture of your ryukin - she's a real beauty!!

Here is a photo of my resident "blimp", Jasper. I adopted / rescued him as a tiny, underweight little fish. He is now enormous, but despite being the largest fish of the group, he is also the sulkiest :). He has a fantastic personality.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439455877.489831.jpg

Back
Top Bottom