Is my tank over crowded?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewFishKeeper97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, so I have a 10 gallon tank with a betta, black skirt tetra, 3 zebra danios and today I purchased three guppies. Is my tank okay? Or is it now overcrowded? I have been having a hard time with this tank. I’ve lost many fish. But my 20 gallon I haven’t lost any so maybe there used to be too many? But I don’t want to loose any more. I also got some more fake plants too.

Probably on the overstocked side in my opinion. However I think it would come down to filtration capability.

How can I tell the filtration capability? Should I move some to the other tank? I have goldfish in there and those fish are small I wouldn’t want them to get eaten.

It should say L/PH on the filter.

I’d say multiple goldfish in a 20 gal is more of an issue than your 10 gal.

It should say L/PH on the filter.

I’d say multiple goldfish in a 20 gal is more of an issue than your 10 gal.

I didn’t know that at the time when I got them, I’m working on getting 75 gallon. I’ll have to look and see if that’s on the filter.

You should have around 10x the gallons per hour out of your filter than what your tank capacity is. Example: 10g tank=100g per hour. Your filter should tell you how many gph it runs at.

You should have around 10x the gallons per hour out of your filter than what your tank capacity is. Example: 10g tank=100g per hour. Your filter should tell you how many gph it runs at.

Ahaha I just realised I dropped back into litres instead of gallons..oops.

I have a 200ltr tank and I run a EF2 from all pond solutions which is a 1400ltrs per hour filter which is capable of going up to a 600 ltr tank so I'm three times the size of the tank lol. Just for safety lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I have a 200ltr tank and I run a EF2 from all pond solutions which is a 1400ltrs per hour filter which is capable of going up to a 600 ltr tank so I'm three times the size of the tank lol. Just for safety lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
So your at 7x

Back
Top Bottom