Is there an easier test kit than the Marine Lab by Red Sea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capj64

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My test kit just arrived today. It's a Marine Lab by Red Sea. It's a liquid test. I read on here that those are better than the dip strips. But is there an easier kit. I know that most everything is awkward at first but argh! I had my son do the test again when he came home just to see if we came up with the same. We did, so I guess I'm doing it correctly. But is there an easier way. I can see now, that if I'm out of town and it's up to my husband...it won't get done :)

You can always get electric meters that automatically test for you. You just stick one end in the water and it tells you the levels. Only.. they are pretty expensive. But if you've got that kind of money to be throwing around on test meters.. then i'd say go for it.

I would get a link for you.. but for some reason google isn't working for me. If someone provides a link before i come back and edit this message, well then kudos. lol.

EDIT**

Ahh.. here we go. Feast your eyes.

http://www.absolute-koi.com/water_testing/hanna.html

ever notice on the drip kits theres always one bottle that shoots out much faster then the other? like ammonia 2x kit, the 2nd stage of the test drops come out so fast. first time use is funny

Lol, that's true. First time i ever used one of those test kits i bugged out because exactly what you said happened to me. I completely missed the test tube.. went all over my homework. :p

Back
Top Bottom