Is this a male angelfish ready to breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lonksenopa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I posted a while ago with the suspicion that my angelfish were a breeding pair but I was told that I couldn't be sure without seeing the breeding tube. I noticed this in the morning is this a male angelfish?

Attachments

• PXL_20240606_161827020.jpg
    PXL_20240606_161827020.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 4
You are going to need a closer pic of the tube because from what I see, it's a female. Males will have a point like a pencil point and usually faces forward a bit while the female's tube is more like the eraser end of a pencil and faces downward.

Ahhhh I thought it was the other way around. I thought males had the broader breeding tube. When I get home I can try to take a picture of the other one. Theirs is much thinner and sharper

Ahhhh I thought it was the other way around. I thought males had the broader breeding tube. When I get home I can try to take a picture of the other one. Theirs is much thinner and sharper
You may be surprised by the time you get home. There may be eggs already considering how far that tube is extended. ;)

Back
Top Bottom