java moss questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Exigenn

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have java moss in my breeder tanks as well as community ect. I have noticed its not really growing much if any. its been in the tanks for a few months now.

I have diy co2 as well as dosing excel on the tank that dosent have co2. Im going to be getting the stuff for diy root tabs within the week.

I would like to have more in the breeder tanks for cover and stuff and any extra LFS would buy.

So i guess my question would be if anyone knows of a way to make this stuff start growing faster. i want it to cover like half the tanks.

Any tips would be appreciated. I could get normal flourish to help but im wondering what others have done to speed up growth.

Thanks.

Flourish liquid ferts, no excel, low/med light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For plants that are sensitive to excel, it is possible to use it if you start with a low dose and slowly increase it over time.
I've actually burned moss with a direct blast of Excel.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So i guess my question would be if anyone knows of a way to make this stuff start growing faster. i want it to cover like half the tanks.

Sounds like you just need some ferts in the water column.

Introduction to Fertilizing the Planted Tank - Aquarium Advice

Your tank with diy co2 should be getting a full fertilizer regimen. The tank with excel could use some also, or alternately if you're comfortable with it, fewer water changes to keep more nitrates and phosphates present in the water. I have some java moss in a 5.5 that gets daily excel. I've worked my way from a half dose up to a double dose of excel, and the moss never died or melted and is growing like crazy. I'm not too exact with the dosage though, I just use the cap so I'm sure sometimes it's more like a triple or quadruple dose (basically anywhere from 1 mL to 2 mL daily) This tank sometimes goes 2 or 3 weeks without a water change, and in that case I only add weekly doses of iron and potassium. I only dose the other ferts right after a water change. Macros immediately after the water change, and micros are added the next day.

So then, my next question would be what ferts that will be reasonable on the wallet?

Back
Top Bottom