Java moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got some java moss off ebay about 6 weeks ago. I had this sort of foot long clay half tube. It wasn't rough that you could grind on it and it wasn't sooo smooth you could see you face in it.

I tied the java moss down onto this clay piece and left it. I was hoping it would of taken to the clay but it hasn't and I got blue string going all around it lol

ot is growing so is it simply not pourous enough?

tell us more about the tank. size lighting and so on

48 x 15 x 5 single normal tube. the markings on the tube are worn and unreadable. Like I said the moss has spread and grown. My Cabomba caroliniana is growing VERY well. I'd just like my moss to stick to this pice of clay as its a lovley cave that my male plec seems to like and he might even mate in there but it's not staying if it doesn't get "mossified" :)

oh i miss read it. how long as it been on there? i have had it attach to terracotta pots algae on glass heaters rocks wood....

Java moss will normally attach even to smooth surfaces such as plastic tubes, given time.

What sort of time frame though? I don't want to keep checking if its attached and by doing so unrooting any progress its made

Probably the best route to go would be to take some thread and tie it down, then dont worry about it, because by the time the thread rots off, the roots will be attached... worked for me on my anubias

Probably the best route to go would be to take some thread and tie it down, then dont worry about it, because by the time the thread rots off, the roots will be attached... worked for me on my anubias

It is tied down sorry I should of said but the only thread I had was bright blue ....... lol

oh lol.. well it'll get algae on it and you wont even see it before long. Unless its just incredibly irritating and you dont wanna wait. You could always find a black, brown, or green shirt and steal a piece of thread out of it (thats what i did lol)

Back
Top Bottom