Jungles start-zyme?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anybody ever used jungles start zyme? Is it a good product to use?

No, it's worthless. I'm sure someone else can explain better as to why it is, but it doesn't contain the correct strains of nitrifying bacteria so it's a complete waste of money.

No, it's worthless. I'm sure someone else can explain better as to why it is, but it doesn't contain the correct strains of nitrifying bacteria so it's a complete waste of money.

What about fritz-zyme 7?

What about fritz-zyme 7?
I purchased a bottle once on a friend's recommendation. I mostly kept it on-hand in case I needed to medicate a tank (some meds will wipe out the good BB). Never needed it but I used it as part of my weekly maintenance regimen so that I didn't have to throw it away after it expired (one year from the date printed on the bottle).

If you're looking for a back-up bacterial additive go for Tetra Safe Start. Look at the bottom of the bottle and purchase the one with the latest expiration date. And obviously you can use it when you add new fish or for other reasons where a bacterial boost is needed.

David

Back
Top Bottom