JUST discovered a slow leak :( :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simplicitysarah

Aquarium Advice Freak
help!!! bottom corner of my 55 is wet.. I thought it was from doing a WC this morning.. It is right at corner of tank, and if you put towel on water, its comes right back.. what do i do? do i have to empty it entirely? All i have set up right now is a 10 gal beside my 55gal..

I would get a large tote (rubbermaid type) to empty your tank into for now. That leak could get worse, and really when has anything bad happened at a convenient time? You can move your water and filter to the tote while you either repair or replace the tank. If you choose to re-seal the tank it will need to be empty and clean so be prepared with a bucket or two to empty your substrate into.

thanks.. well i chose not to reseal it.. I bought a brand new one.. i could of tried to reseal it but I guess i took the easy way out.
and when we emptied tank and lifted it.. it started leaking everywhere around the base.. That small leak could of been a disaster, if I hadnt noticed it and acted quickly... frustrated but all part of the hobby right!?:fish2:

Unfortunately yes! I'm glad you found it when you did. Resealing is an option if you wanted to try. You can't make it any worse, but if you're successful you ha e another tank.

Back
Top Bottom