Just setup new 55 Gal need advice and fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbimflyer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just set up my 55 Gal and I transferred my existing fish from their old 20 Gal. I have cycled for a week now with the old filter from my 20 Gal and some fast swimming tetras(gray w/red tails not sure what kind), and all seem To be doing just fine. It's 5 Pandas, 2 emerald cats, 4 Tetras I mentioned, and 3 Dwarf loaches, 2 Hillstreams and a Bristlenose Pleco.

Ok so my Question is... Now that u know it is a planted 55 Gal with Driftwood, what kinds of fish can I add to them?

YourTank

Just set up my 55 Gal and I transferred my existing fish from their old 20 Gal. I have cycled for a week now with the old filter from my 20 Gal and some fast swimming tetras(gray w/red tails not sure what kind), and all seem To be doing just fine. It's 5 Pandas, 2 emerald cats, 4 Tetras I mentioned, and 3 Dwarf loaches, 2 Hillstreams and a Bristlenose Pleco.

Ok so my Question is... Now that u know it is a planted 55 Gal with Driftwood, what kinds of fish can I add to them?

Hello jb...

As long as you change the tank water frequently and service the filtration system, you could have quite a few more fish. I like Danios and Platys.
Both are a peaceful fish. They prefer a heavily planted surface, but that's a good thing. Floating plants are very helpful in maintaining a steady and healthy water chemistry.

B

Hello jb...

As long as you change the tank water frequently and service the filtration system, you could have quite a few more fish. I like Danios and Platys.
Both are a peaceful fish. They prefer a heavily planted surface, but that's a good thing. Floating plants are very helpful in maintaining a steady and healthy water chemistry.

B

Thanx, that sounds good but I was thinking some bigger fish like Gouramis or something, and I'm not sure where to Get some floating plants. Do you know the names of some of these plants?

Duckweed frogbit and dwarf water lettuce are all hood floating plant options. I would get 2 more of those tetras for sure. Usually tetras like schools of 6.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A nice pearl gourami would be a good center piece fish

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom