Krazy glue and a toadstool....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canyon15

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a toadstool frag that came on a small piece of agrocrete. I want to remove it and have it attached on a large piece of LR in my tank. Here is the problem. I cant remove the LR to glue the coral. I cant get an elastic or string around it. The question is can i use Krazy glue underwater to attach the coral?

pick up a piece of lr rubble and the LFS and glue it to that.. IMO glueing to large pieces of LR is not a good idea. If something grows too big there is no way to move it again after its glued.
super glue gel is better then reg SG..

As reefrunner said they will just slime and the glue will not hold. Use a rubber band and/or toothpick and attach to a small rock. PS. only use superglue gel in water and not the regular glue as Florida8 stated

Well i tried the glue with no such luck so it placed the base of the coral in a hole in the rock and have it held in with a tooth pick. ( was not gel glue). Thanks for all the responses so i now know what to use in the future.

The best method I've used with any soft coral frags is to cut the top off of a two liter bottle, fill the bottom with LR rubble and just lay the frags in there. The tall sides should keep the from getting blown out and they will attach on their own in a week or two.

FWIW, I wouldn't even try attaching SPS with regular super glue, the gel superglue was a god send for hard coral fragging. I can see it working better with a toadstool than with other soft corals, just never had any luck with it myself, but when I was fragging SPS....best thing since sliced bread.

Back
Top Bottom