Leaf-Like Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemurLad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Heya folks,
Now that the Candy Bin is done cycling (and soon to be stocked), I've gotten a tank idea for the Tall 32Gal I picked up at a thrift store:
I always liked those exhibits at the zoo that would have you staring for minutes searching for something perfectly camouflaged, it'd be really neat to have that at home. :)
I'd like to fill it with fish that all look like sticks or leaves and give it a blackwater-y look. On first glance, people wouldn't see much in the tank other than driftwood, but as they look longer, the tank comes alive.

1 or 2 African Butterfly Fish could make for floating leaves at the surface
A Banjo Cat would look pretty cool on the bottom.

Does anyone have ideas for fish I could put in?

~LL

Yeah! Those would look great! :) *jots down*
Thinking about a couple Amazon Leaf Fish, anyone ever keep 'em before?

Leaf fish would work well, Just be prepared to maybe feed live foods. These guys rarely take prepared foods. About the farowellas though. Keep a powerhead in there and place it were the current is going across a peice of driftwood or something because these guys like current. The banjo cat will be buried alot until nightfall, just so you know. Not a big 1, just 1 to get some current in a part of the tank. Another 1 is a leopard ctenopoma but it takes atleast a 50g.

Here are some more of my favs i thought of. Ghost glass cat would look cool. Also upside down catfish. I might actually do some scarlet gem badis too.

Nice tip for the farowella. For Banjo cats, do you think a night lighting system would bug them?

No, not at all. As long as there not too much light. You could also try some upside catfish (also nocturnal) and some glass cat fish. I might be tempted to do some scarlet badis. Why you ask? I have no clue.

Back
Top Bottom