Led Lighting aquaone tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris669

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well it seems my t5 light unit is stuffed.
Thinking of going with a Led unit,the tank will be FOWLR but who knows if that will change.
My tank is 100x40x55cm
What to look for when buying led units?
Also do you get some plastic or glass covers as there will be no hood?
Is this ok for my needs or junk?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121429598153

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

IMO go with something better just in case you want to (trust me it's inevitable) get some corals down the road. The link RM posted is a great light for corals without the expensive price tag like kessil LEDs have.

I have one, I love it. Grows everything just fine. You'll want one per two feet of tank space. I'm sure many others on this forum can vouch for it as it's pretty popular.

IMO go with something better just in case you want to (trust me it's inevitable) get some corals down the road. The link RM posted is a great light for corals without the expensive price tag like kessil LEDs have.

I have one, I love it. Grows everything just fine. You'll want one per two feet of tank space. I'm sure many others on this forum can vouch for it as it's pretty popular.

I mean that's an absolutely wonderful light. Especially considering the price tag. But let me tell you right now the kessil lighting option provides more blues than pretty much LED on the market.

This fixture: 4 x Blue 460nm
Dimmer Two(27 LEDs): 7 x Royal Blue 450nm, 20 x Blue 460nm

It is really cool because you can keep your dimmer 1 really low because it's mostly white and just grow with primarily dimmer two.. For $75 you can't go wrong. I'm curious if it's UL listed though. Insurance loves finding those in fire claims.

Anyway the Kessil has many many many more blues available for the corals. Yes for the top of the line one you're looking at $400 and as low as $220 for the lowest not tunable one. An A160 is only $260 or so....

The 420nm Actinic range does wonderful things to corals...

For $150 you could run two of these lights with the white channel completely off on the second and have a pretty mean tank.

Thanks for the replys
My only problem with this type of lighting is hanging them,i live in a rental and im not allowed to drill any holes in walls ceilings etc!!
Reason im going FOWLR is because i live quiet remote and cant get to a Lfs if i need something,treatments etc!!
Anything not just as hardcore as this i could get?

Ok so im going to go for the marsaqua.
I will prob try to make a bracket rather than suspend from the ceiling?
Does the ceiling fitting do much damage to the ceiling?
My tank is 190L 3.3 foot long
Would the smaller 165 be ok running one of them or go for the bigger 300w?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271603535090

My rental house doesn't allow me to drill anywhere.
Im thinking of making a bracket going length ways and sitting on the glass!!
The unit is 7.5kg would a bracket crack a tank if only located on 2 small areas?

Back
Top Bottom