LED lighting questions for a 10G planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobc4d

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10G planted and a Marineland with 54 LED's on it, it doesn't seem real bright but its not dim either. is this ok for a 10G planted?

I have a Aqueon Bright White on my 36G bow front with two of the LED strands, would this be too much light for my 10G? what about only using one LED stick, would that be ok?

On my 10g planted guppy tank---

5cimhi.jpg

I have a Finnex Ray 2 thats super bright and since the plants in there are high light it does great. What plants do you have in the tank? I think the 2 LED strips from the 36g would be a great deal of light for such a smaller scale tank though...

thanks for the reply. I have java fern and anubius

Oh those are low light plants so I think the light you have now will suffice, any higher light and you may get some algae problems on the plants. I am not too familiar with Marineland lighting though, anyone else care to help?

I bought a 24" Marineland plant friendly progrmmable LED for my 16g bowfront guppy tank. I first had the accompanying junk hood/light and went with anubias and an Ozelot Sword and Cryptocorn Wendeti in foreground. The LED was MUCH brighter and has a very pleasing color on the plants and fish. I have so much better light now that I am going to replace the anubias with some faster growing plants. I now have many more options. I added some stalks of Ludwigia Glandulosa which is high light and it is growing beautifully. The Crypts are really improving also. LED's are pricey but long term I don't have to worry about deteriorating flourescent bulbs and their replacement cost.I am very pleased with the LED.

Are you saying that you want to use one of the LED strips from the larger tank over the 10 gallon are will you be getting a new strip? We would need to know the model of the light strip you are considering changing to. If you are thinking of getting a new LED strip I recommend the Finnex FugeRay. They're nice and bright, but not so bright that algae becomes a problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom