LED Lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WindSwept

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've still been hunting around for a decent lighting fixture for my 40 gallon breeder. So far I my options are 78 watt t5ho (dimmed with window screens) and 21(x2?) watt aqueon dual light thing. But I've come across the Marineland double bright LEDs, probably better suited to salt water, but I was wondering if they have any use in the fw field?

Anyhow, thanks for checking in C:

Funny you should bring this up ... I was about to post a similar question.

My local petsmart has the Marineland double bright LEDs and I'm thinking of my christmas list:D. Either two Marineland double bright LEDs or 1 48" Aqueon dual T5 Bulbs ... either option is about the same price and I mostly have low light plants ... Crypt W, Amazon Sword, Java Fern and some Anubias.

I'm leaning towards the Marineland but it's really what's going to benefit my plants most.

I just got 2 sets of current USA LEDs with 8k and I live it

LEDs is a great choice it's just like the real sun with the sun shimmering

And my fish and snails are a lot healthier
You know on reg t5 all the snails have white spots and holes in them from lack of calcium but with LEDs lightings there is no need to add calcium it will make your snails shell healthy and shine

And plus LEDs there is no need to change bulbs they last over 20 years

Plants do really well under a high-power LED fixture. Check out the LED link in my signature for some pictures. My fixture is a lot more powerful than the Marineland units, but a DB fixture should put you in the medium light range in most tanks.

Back
Top Bottom