LF Canadian Based Marine Hardware Store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pm64971

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anybody know a good online store to purchase aquarium hardware that ships from within Canada. I live in Ontario and I just bought a pump from Marinedepot.com that cost $27 dollars with shipping. I didn’t find out until UPS delivered it that in addition I had to pay $21.64 in customs charges to get it across the border.

In my area there are few stores that carry a good selection of hardware and mostly have my hands tied by what is available or the changing preference of the LFG. *sigh*

If anybody knows anything, I would greatly appreciate the feedback.
Thanks,
Phil

I would recommend Big Als
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/

Shipping Costs Are
$35.00 or less - $5.00
$35.01 or more Free

I actually order from online even though there is a Big Al's store here (London) the selection is great and I always get it really fast.

ya i have ordered from them a few times and they are amazing. they also price match so if u find it online cheaper anywhere they will match the price and knock of 5 %!! i got my light bulbs cheaper that way and shipping has never been more than 2 days. there prices are the same as in the store so if u are ordering i would try to hit that 35.01 mark so u dont pay more. and spend the time to find it cheaper on another site cause it will be worth it. ebay is another source u might want to try.

pets and ponds has excellent prices on everything and shipping is usually only around 7-15 dollars on most items. but dont purchase from them cause u can take there price to bigals and get them to price match it then knock of 5% and get free shipping lol. that is the site i used to price match my ligthbulbs and i got them for 50 instead of like 90 big als originally wanted. u just have to call there toll free service number and have the product number ready from big als the link to the other site ready and they will do everything over the phone. it took me 15 min once i had the person on the line. i wated like 15 min on hold though. and there was no music!!!!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom