Lighting advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRMagno

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just recently acquired a 90 gallon tank that came with an ice cap ballast that has four pairs 48" T8 sockets. I was not sure if the lighting worked so I bought 2 6500k bulbs to test, and it works. This is going to start as a FOWLR tank and if I move to corals I will upgrade the lighting. In the mean time I'm not sure what other two bulbs to get. Here are my ideas: 1 10,000k and 1 actinic, 2 actinic, 2 10,000ks, 2 6,500k, or 2 50/50s. I want to know what you guys think, please help me out!

For fowlr tanks, it really doesn't matter. The actinic bulbs show off the colors of the fish better in my opinion. But again, it's up to you. I would check out some pics online showing different lighting and base your opinion from that.

I know it's more of a personal choice, but I know there are benefits to each light. I guess what I'm looking for are examples of what people have, or what they would put if they were in my shoes, and why?

More blue will make the colors pop. The fish will look more brilliant. Just don't go too blue. Then it looks kinda silly IMO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom