Lighting hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phatpaul

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would there be any adverse affects if I put the lights on for 4 hours in the morning and then have a break for a few hours and then another 4 hours in the afternoon

Would there be any adverse affects if I put the lights on for 4 hours in the morning and then have a break for a few hours and then another 4 hours in the afternoon

Unless the tank is planted and not in a pitch black room the lights are for our viewing purposes only, as long as the fish have a light/dark cycle it doesnt matter when the lights are on or off.

Hi there is plants in the tank. Do you still think it will be ok

My two tanks that aren't running co2 are on from 8am-12pm, off until 4pm, then back on until 8pm. Definitely helps with algae... and I get to look at them before work and after work

Yeah that's my thoughts too mfd I wanna see my tank when I get up and when I get home from work. Thanks guys for your info I'm gonna set my timer for split lighting period

I run my tanks on a split photo period, but, now that I work normal hours, I'm tempted to try a single photo period and see if there are any differences.

I run my tanks on a split photo period, but, now that I work normal hours, I'm tempted to try a single photo period and see if there are any differences.
There was a big difference for me going to a split photo period. My 125 was full of algae before... now it has very very little

mfdrookie516 said:
There was a big difference for me going to a split photo period. My 125 was full of algae before... now it has very very little

Are there any difference in the plants itself? As in growth and etc

Back
Top Bottom