lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cogburn

Aquarium Advice Freak
what lighting would you guys recommend for a 180 gallon 6ft tank... im not going to be keeping any plants... real or fake... just substrate and driftwood... i really only need lighting to see the fish in the tank... and i obviously want something that wont make algae grow... would i be okay with 2 36" simple fluorescent strips? or will getting something a little nicer like a t5 be better?

thanks in advance

Larry :silly:

Since you don't want plants, I'd recommend going with whatever the stock lighting would be.

that makes sense... ill have to call the place and see if the tank, stand, canopy combo comes with a light... if it does then... well ill stop my lighting search... thanks purrbox...

Don't leave the light on for hours or put the tank where it gets lots of sunlight or you'll get algae. What kind of fish are you planning on getting? Some fish don't do well without plants or fake plants.

oscars, banded leporinus, tinfoil barbs.... possibly a parrot, or some other cichlids (severums,convicts)

Back
Top Bottom