Liqiud Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
I usually use Oceanic Salt dry in a bucket. I see that petsmart has liquid Oceanic salt in a jug. I`m thinking about going to this because everytime I get the dry buckets there is some hard on the bottom that I cant get out. I`m tired of losing several cups of salt every bucket. Anybody ever use the liquid salt?

Hara said:
Sounds interesting, do you dilute it down, or is it ready to use?
That was going to be my question.
Is it cheaper? To keep the salt from sticking in the bucket, why don't you try some rice in a terry cloth...or one of those mesh bags you put carbon in?

Is it liquid salt or just dry salt in a jug? I think I have seen it and assumed it was just different packaging. Looked more costly because of smaller quantity. I get my 200g buckets of Oceanic for just under $50.

As for the hard salt I get this sometimes as well. I just guestimate how much is left and mix with my water and it disloves. A rubber hammer to the side of the bucket works well also. The real key it to seal the bucket good each time.

Let us know what you find.

I usually get my oceanic from the good doctors and havent had the clumping issue. I wonder if it is because they have a faster turnover of salt or something..

Actually, lets try and make this easier...what is the brand name? That way, we can all be nosey and poke around!

melosu58 said:
I usually use Oceanic Salt dry in a bucket. I see that petsmart has liquid Oceanic salt in a jug.

I believe Oceanic is the brand name. Comes in a blue bucket.

LOL! I missed that one....
Thanks afilter!
We all must be trying to get to the petsmart website because I can't get in!

roka64 said:
LOL! I missed that one....
Thanks afilter!
in!

Yeah I was going to be a real smart (Blank) and write "comes in a blue bucket white lid goes PSST when you open it" I did not want to offend. :p

---EDIT---

Oh wait maybe that is Miller Lite I am thinking of. :roll:

I have bought this many times - it's dry. It does not clump and it dissolved fast and completely.

JG

When I looked at it , it had concentrated Liquid Salt it it. I know it did not do 200 gallons like the bucket but it was only 29.99. I looked on the website and could not find it but it`s at the store here. I think it did 90 gallons.

OK guys , Sorry about the false alarm. It was not liquid. I just know when I was there last week and tipped the jug it sure shifted like it had liquid in it. Sorry about wasting your time. I did still get the jug hopefully it will stay dry and soft. Sorry

Back
Top Bottom