Littlefish4's 29g community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully between $5-10 a piece. Depends on the LFS and what types of DW they have in stock (Malaysian, mopani, manzanita, spider wood). My LFS carries Malaysian and spider wood. Malaysian typically sinks after boiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's not too bad!

Is there a specific type you would suggest?

I picked up some nice pieces of mopani wood at a herp/reptile show which is held in my area 4 times/year. Mopani wood is really dense and sinks right away.

I purchased a large piece of driftwood at my LFS, and he soaked it for me in his koi pond until it sunk.

I like Malaysian. Very dense, sinks easily. I do boil it to remove some of the tannins. However, it still leaches tannins months later. I have it in my shrimp tank. I've super glued moss to it.
I also like manzanita because of the branches. Several pieces can be grouped together for a tree/forest effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Quick update and stocking question

Current stock is now:

Opaline Gourami

Angelfish

2x otos (bought 3, lost one, will add more asap)

Next purchases will be (in order)

Driftwood+Liquid Co2
Filter for qt tank
2x more otos
Next stocking addition

My question is what kind of shrimp could I add with my stock? I was told by an employee at my lfs that I could probably get away with a whisker shrimp but I'd like some options.

Also thinking about 3 Bolivian or German blue Rams.

Any advice/stocking suggestions are appreciated!

Would also be interested in a school of fish that wouldn't be seen as food for my larger fish. I.e Rasboras, larger Tetras or Danios.

That would of course be in place of Rams.

Back
Top Bottom