Live food cultures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone culture live food? I'm thinking about getting some microworms, blackworms, and / or vinegar eel cultures going, and maybe setting up a brine shrimp hatchery. Does anyone have any advice on the best ways to do this or which cultures would be best?

I culture brine shrimp and the best things to have is a fish bowl, and pet carrier, aquarium salt and an air pump, heater and don't forget the eggs
1)set up the fish bowl,fill it halfway or three quarters with water(make sure to add SOME water conditioners
2)just pour in the aquarium salt until the bottom is about half an inch tall of salt(it is better to have too much salt, than not enough)
3)get your airpump and let it bubble until all the salt has been dissolved
4)add your heater(I suggest get the mini heaters for a 5-15 gallon)
5)add 2 teaspoon of the eggs and wait about 18 hours
6)set up the pet carrier with the water and lay down the salt again
7)use something like a syringe(make sure u make a big enough hole) the. Transfer it to the pett carrier

P.s. once they get big enough you can use a regular fish net to scoop them
They don't have to have a heater in the pet carrier(I don't and their all great)
U can feed them algae(better if you grow it yourself)
Or the yolk of a boiled egg just make sure u sort of juice it
To grow the algae just get a small pickle jar and fill it full of water and leave it in a sunny are, and add some fish food odk why but it works better

Hope this helps! :)

Back
Top Bottom