Live Rock Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I noticed something growing on my live rock and not sure what it is...can someone please shed some light? It's grey and shaped liked a mushroom but still too small to tell. I Will attach a photo as soon as I figure out how :).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Looks like some kind of toadstool coral

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It definitely looks like a toadstool coral. Does it gave any small polyps that open up on the top of it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It definitely looks like a toadstool coral. Does it gave any small polyps that open up on the top of it?

It seems like little polyps are visible on the outer edges. I don't have coral lighting, just standard one bulb fluorescent that came with the aquarium. Can it survive with regular lighting?

Thank you for your feedback

Thank you, do toad stool coral need special lighting because I currently have basic fluorescent bulb.

It seems like little polyps are visible on the outer edges. I don't have coral lighting, just standard one bulb fluorescent that came with the aquarium. Can it survive with regular lighting?

Thank you for your feedback

I would try to upgrade the lighting if possible. Toadstools like to be directly under the light. I would move him up gradually until you can get him as close to the light as possible.

Back
Top Bottom