Looking for advice on my new setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottonyc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. I have a 55 gallon tank that has been active for about 5 years. I have two healthy, fairly large plecos as well as a few small loaches. I recently added a bunch of dwarf hairgrass to the tank, along with a few other random plants and a half-dozen marimo moss balls.

I have sufficient lighting and use Seachem flourish a few times a week. I also have liquid Co2 (API Co2 Booster). I’ve done a lot of research but have gotten a little frustrated at the mixed messages out there so I figured this forum was the best place to go to get some straight answers to the following questions.

1) How often should I use the liquid Co2?

2) Should I be putting in any other boosters, etc. aside from what I mentioned above to make sure my plants thrive and also to keep my fish happy?

3) Are there any other types of fish that would mesh well with this setup? Plecos and loaches are cool, but I’d really like to add something else to the mix as well — preferably a hearty fish that could handle this type of environment, or maybe even some freshwater crayfish or something interesting like that.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hello. I have a 55 gallon tank that has been active for about 5 years. I have two healthy, fairly large plecos as well as a few small loaches. I recently added a bunch of dwarf hairgrass to the tank, along with a few other random plants and a half-dozen marimo moss balls.

I have sufficient lighting and use Seachem flourish a few times a week. I also have liquid Co2 (API Co2 Booster). I’ve done a lot of research but have gotten a little frustrated at the mixed messages out there so I figured this forum was the best place to go to get some straight answers to the following questions.

1) How often should I use the liquid Co2?

2) Should I be putting in any other boosters, etc. aside from what I mentioned above to make sure my plants thrive and also to keep my fish happy?

3) Are there any other types of fish that would mesh well with this setup? Plecos and loaches are cool, but I’d really like to add something else to the mix as well — preferably a hearty fish that could handle this type of environment, or maybe even some freshwater crayfish or something interesting like that.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Maybe some German Rams would be cool to add, or some gouramis.

Back
Top Bottom