loosing fish not inverts or crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ammonia source was possibly my over feeding the original fish and/or the live rock.....been testing for a couple days now and ammonia levels are at .125 to 0. fluxuating a little but staying low. time will tell...
:D go live rock go:D

ps. I'm on information overload with all the great posts and responses here, awesome i say awesome

This is a great thread! Good to see.

When an aquarist goes into a fish "shop" they are going to try and sell you something, after all, they are in it to make money... When an aquarist goes onto a fish forum, there is only advice to offer (not including the classifieds section of the forum :) )

You'll be surprised how much 'action' there is in the tank with just live rock - little pods, crabs and all other kinds of hitch hikers!

well i saw that you only have your ph at 8.0 and salinity at 1.022, consider highering both.. PH should be at 8.4 and i keep my salinity at 1.024 which is more like the reefs in reel life. Also keep on doing water changes if you haven't so you can lower nitrates. Hoped i helped :D

Good advice Brain but one thing; if you have a stable pH in the 7.9-8.4 area then there's no need to worry about it as long as it's stable.
I agree a slightly higher SG would be good though. :)

Back
Top Bottom