Losing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
I keep Losing fish. Only ones new to tank they seem To do well for about a month. It's and 80 gallon prob 150lb of lrock not over stocked. I'm running a nitrate chamber and a carbon one. Has a 30gal sumo with sand coral pieces and mangroves. Has a skimmer with flow rate of 500 gph. I use ozone. Orp is about 350. I can't seem to keep ph up. Between 8 - 8.1 with additives temp at 77.0. HELP. Corals seem to be fine. I have 3 chromis 1 clown 1 sixline ( that wouldn't eat today and is hiding). 2 blennies and 2 gobies

Hardridge said:
I keep Losing fish. Only ones new to tank they seem To do well for about a month. It's and 80 gallon prob 150lb of lrock not over stocked. I'm running a nitrate chamber and a carbon one. Has a 30gal sumo with sand coral pieces and mangroves. Has a skimmer with flow rate of 500 gph. I use ozone. Orp is about 350. I can't seem to keep ph up. Between 8 - 8.1 with additives temp at 77.0. HELP. Corals seem to be fine. I have 3 chromis 1 clown 1 sixline ( that wouldn't eat today and is hiding). 2 blennies and 2 gobies

Why is my ph dropping should I keep using Somethg to keep it up

Animal-Chin said:
What happens before they die? Do they stop eating? Do they get spots?

No spots. No they just are gone or die sixline seems ok this morning. I put reef builder and ph goes to 8.3 then bk down. I I two meters and I tested it so it's accurate

iadubber said:
what substrate you using?

I want to buy more corals and fish but not until I find out the issue. Does ozone drop ph?

How many powerheads do you have? if you point them up towards the water surface you can increase Ph that way. Also, how frequent are your water changes? The salt mix should help keep your ph in check as well.....

carey said:
How many powerheads do you have? if you point them up towards the water surface you can increase Ph that way. Also, how frequent are your water changes? The salt mix should help keep your ph in check as well.....

I change 15% every week. I have two powerheads rated at 1400gph I thk. Plus the returns (2) on each side at top

Back
Top Bottom