Lost our guppy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessipanda

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm heartbroken to say that my daughter's guppy, Bubbles, passed on to the aquarium in the sky last night. He was only with us for just under a year and has had many, many problems during his time with us. There have been a few times we thought he wouldn't make it, yet he persevered. From internal parasites, to fin rot, this guppy has had a rough life. My daughter picked him from Petco when we first got back into the hobby because she said he looked like he needed love...indeed he did.

Two days ago, he pineconed--no other symptoms prior to it. We put him in the HT and started treating for dropsy even though I knew he probably wouldn't survive. Last night, he was actually looking better. He was no longer pineconing, he was alert and swimming normally. This morning, he was “gone.” I woke to find my daughter crying in front of his tank.

Bubbles, you will be missed and always loved

Attachments

• 1454590368445.jpg
    1454590368445.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 51
R.I.P bubbles. But i think that he had a good life cause you all decided to stick with him throughout the finrot and what not. Here is the only problem. You bought him from petco. Petco,petsmart they are horrible horrible places to buy fish. Yes they are good for chemicals or a quick pinch fish food run. But when you buy fish the absolute best way to go is through a legit fish store. I hope i helped in some way. Bubbles will live on!!

Josh B.

Thanks, we already learned our lesson when we bought him a year ago. I found a great mom & pop place where we've gotten all our newer additions as well as all our plants. They're wonderful. We don't go to big chain stores for anything other than cheaper equipment such as heaters, filters, etc.

Back
Top Bottom