Lps growth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Doesnt seem like frogspawn and torch are really multiplying, not sure why but stalks are kind of setting down inside of rock? Could this hamper stem growth? They open up really full during the day. Are they just slower to double than say duncans? Lightings not that old. Water parameters good, calcium 480. Water changes 10% every week, lfs guy says probably better to do every other week??
The rest of the corals seem to be growing at a prett good pace. Thank for advice..
image-844124992.jpg

image-668268910.jpg

image-1335152577.jpg

image-3082061089.jpg

The LFS is probably thinking your water is to clean for LPS but I find that if mine isn't looking the way they usually do I do a water change and they seem to perk right back up. I know my ducan grows more heads than my frogspawn or candycane corals. It could be your flow too.

How old is your tank?

The tank is going on one year transfer from 44 gal about 5 mos ago,there seems to be plenty of flow. So new jbj t5ho fixture bulbs should still be good at 5 months?

Are they just slower to double than say duncans?

I'm experiencing quite the opposite, the growth of my duncans hasn't been that great, however my frogspawn has been one of my fastest growing LPS corals.

In one year it went from this tiny single-headed frag:
img_1729528_0_c059a3b1fc983c73cfa4ed6712fca410.jpg

to this...
img_1729528_1_28669af3c03ccfd3f2fd30a0f963815c.jpg

Yea the gsp in my tank is growing crazy up the back glass thinkin bout scrapin some off, need to keep some algae areas for kole tang ,starry blenny. Not sure of actual name or type someone told me what i thought was a frogspawn was something else? Yours looks good the duncans will take off. Do you feed em at all?

Back
Top Bottom