lr new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottytoohottie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi i have a 50g sw setup i got 80lbs of lr and 1 fish rite now, i am setting up my 72 g as a sw tank now and i didnt know if i should do anything before i transfer the lr, the rock in my 50g probably is not the healthyiest ur seen, it has brown,, purple, green algae , should i do anything with this lr before i transfer it? my lites are nothing special just two 15w lites, very good water flow, skimmer , thanks for the help.

How long has your tank been setup? Did you cycle it? What do you plan to do with the tank? Fish only, Reef? Do some water testing and post your results so we can see them.

i had my 50g set up for over 3 years now, my 72 g i mixed the sw yesterday, nitrate- 40 nitrite-0 alkalinity- 180- 200 ph-8 my protein skimmer broke about a month ago and my tanks been a mess thats why i got new stuff and im setting up my 72g asap! thanks for the help

the new tank has live sand and will have my old filter so in a few days im sure the levels will be okay? i dont have ny fish rite now just the lr, any ideas?

well i had them for about 5 years, a couple times i come home from work and theres chunks missing out of them, i had 2 left so i sold them for 25bucks a peice, so now im getting my sw tank out of my livving room and setting up the 72g in my kitchen, who needs a table when u could have a tank!

Back
Top Bottom