macroalgae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tcarola154

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there a good macro that someone would recommend that doesnt need 24 hr lighting? Right now I have caulerpa and I dont wanna risk the whole sexual whatever thing it goes through so I keep the light on 24 hrs... the problem with that is the tank is in my room and I dont have the fuge in a cabinet, so i have 120 watts of light keeping me up at night...

I've always read people saying stuff about cheatomorpha would that be fine on like a 14 hr light schedule? Is there anything else (perhaps something that I could feed my tang with the clippings?) and where would you recommend getting it?

Chaeto is the best for a fuge but I don't think any fish will eat it. Chaeto won't go sexual. A lot of places sell it for about $5 a bag - AA FS forum, ebay, etc. I grow some to sell as do a bunch of others people on here.

I tried ordering the gracilaria from that site sometime last week and he is all out until sometime in march. I just tried ebay though and got some (I dont know why i didnt think of that before) Thanks for the help! I hope my tang likes the clippings :)

Back
Top Bottom