Marimo Moss Ball

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NadiaG

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got one today and honestly, no idea how to use it. It looks so cool and I read on its benefits. Now, I put it in a tank and it floats.. And my fish kinda get scared of it cuz it is being pushed by the current... Is there a way to weight it down?! Tie it?
Any advice is appreciated! :p

I got one today and honestly, no idea how to use it. It looks so cool and I read on its benefits. Now, I put it in a tank and it floats.. And my fish kinda get scared of it cuz it is being pushed by the current... Is there a way to weight it down?! Tie it? Any advice is appreciated! :p

They sometimes float and then fall to the bottom on their own. Roll it gently 1x a week so all sides get light once it settles. Rinse off weekly if needed. My RCS shrimp clean mine.

Ok, so I ended up pushing it down to the corner of the tank with a rock, after a few days I squeezed it out, rinsed it and turned on other side. It stays down now! Here it is

Attachments

• image-2930393327.jpg
    image-2930393327.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 84
Looks nice. Honestly, I've never rolled mine. Might explain why it's not exactly round. I don't usually see shrimp on it but I do see either snail or shrimp poo on it so I know it gets visitors.

Is that cryptocornye parva below the anubias?

Ok, so I ended up pushing it down to the corner of the tank with a rock, after a few days I squeezed it out, rinsed it and turned on other side. It stays down now! Here it is
What are those two fish you have in the pic?

Looks nice. Honestly, I've never rolled mine. Might explain why it's not exactly round. I don't usually see shrimp on it but I do see either snail or shrimp poo on it so I know it gets visitors. Is that cryptocornye parva below the anubias?
Thanks! No, it is micro swords

Back
Top Bottom