Marineland Rite-Size Bonded filter pad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enrgizerbunny

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a package of this (312 sq inches) and I was wondering if this would be considered a "micro" filter or polishing pad? It's half blue, half white

It definitely looks like it has small pores, but when I hold it up to light I can definitely see pores clear through the other side.

Energizer, I've used the Rite Size like you bought for almost a year now. I use it in my Fluval 206 can and my AC50 HOB. It works really well for me. The more you quish and rinse it and reuse it the finer stuff it captures. OS.

Using it like Old Scales says may work in some cases where you can really scrunch it up good ........ but it is definitely NOT a polishing pad. The polishing pads I buy for my Fluval C series HOB's are 100 micron Aquatic-Life non-woven ........ VERY VERY dense and only 1/12th of an inch thick and they work great yielding very highly polished crystal clear water.

I have two bags of the Rite-Size stuff that DrsFoster & Smith sent me by mistake on one of my orders and rather than send it back they told me to just keep it. I can find no use for the stuff that's 3/4" thick. I wish I could find someone who could use it close-by !!!!!!!

HMMMMMMMM .... Maybe it'll work in the filter for the new pond we are putting in the back yard !!!!!!!!!!!

NO it's not a polishing pad mtl. But a good regular filtering media, MUCH cheaper to use than the ready made pads they overcharge for. It works very well in the Aqua Clears. OS.

NO it's not a polishing pad mtl. But a good regular filtering media, MUCH cheaper to use than the ready made pads they overcharge for. It works very well in the Aqua Clears. OS.

+1. I use it on top of the sponge and let the media weigh it down in all my AC's.

Does anyone make polishing pad on a bulk roll? I have a Filstar XP2 and the microfilter pads are expensive considering they have to be replaced so often. I have 2- 20ppi sponges, then 2-30ppi sponges. After that it's ceramic media, a bag of crushed coral and now bonded media sponge right before the impeller.

I used to have the micro filter pad where the bonded media is.

This is about half as expensive per application as the AquaticLife non-woven 100 micron stuff that I use but Drs Foster & Smith carries these

Aquarium Filter Media: Drs Foster and Smith Mechanical filter Media

Note the 100 Micron Felt 30" x 36" x 1/8" thick, CD-79434 is $6.69.

I pay $10 at local Petsmart for the really good stuff 26" x 30" x 1/12."

This costs me about an average of 30 cents per monthly application in three filters. I think if you want the kind of crystal clear water that causes people almost faint when they see how stunning and polished your aquarium water is, you just have to bite the bullet. For $1 a month in two tanks ...... It's sure worth it to me. I also use Purigen in each my three Fluval C series filters.

crystal clear water just isn't natural to me so i don't bother with the polishing pads. i use the bonded blue stuff to finish out the filter.

Back
Top Bottom