maroon clown a killer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was on vacation for three weeks. My friend was taking care of a tank. I came back five days ago and i notice my two cleaner shrimps were gone. I had them for over two years. I thought maybe something happen or some problems with melting. So today i bought two cleaners and as soon i droped them in tank my maroon bite one so many times and really killed and eat him. Blue tank<hippo> was so agressive to. Actually he start getting to second one to and together they killed another one so my 50 bucks. What happend when i was gone? I have clown and hippo for over two years and they were ok with cleaner shrimps. Can you guys help me? Please!!!

If it's the maroon with yellow stripes, it's said to be an aggressive fish and is a carnivore the Tang is suppose to be peaceful. Do you know if the fish were being fed enough and or eating while you were gone? Have your water parameters changed?

sounds to me like the fish were not fed on a regular basis while you were gone, decided they didn't want to starve, and developed this new aggressive behavior to stay alive.

The same thing will happen to freshwater fish, If I leave and don't feed my oscars, dude....they go moderator edit and try to eat anything

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds to me like the fish were not fed on a regular basis while you were gone, decided they didn't want to starve, and developed this new aggressive behavior to stay alive.

The same thing will happen to freshwater fish, If I leave and don't feed my oscars, dude....they go moderator edit and try to eat anything
Ouch

Back
Top Bottom