Mbunas dying. Can someone help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BellVel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm new to the hobbie, and two months ago I received a new aquarium (160L/42 gallon) from a friend. The aquarium had a mbuna, a small koi and a pleco. I separeted the koi, and after some time introduce more 6 mbunas. But the last weeks they started dying all of the sudden. I thought It was the pleco since it's very big (25 cm/10 inches), and started feeding it more. Still, they kept dying. Can someone help me? I dont know what to do, they dont show any signs of disease and water conditions are fine.

pH: 8
Amonia and nitrate: zero
GH: 8
Temp: 28°C/ 82°F

How is it going over the last week? How long did you cycle the tank for and what kind of test kit are you using for your parameters?

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it going over the last week? How long did you cycle the tank for and what kind of teddy kit are you using for your parameters?

So, the remaining fish were just fine for the past weeks, until today that I found anothee one dead. I took pictures this time. The others seems fine.
So, as I received the aquarium full from my friend, I just transferred the water that was already there (for about six months), I did not restart the cycling. Even so, I introduced Microbe-lift Special Blend during the first week.

i use labcon Teste for GH, NO2, pH and ammonia. Other than that I use seachem Malawi Victoria Buffer, Seachem Replenish and Stability and Labcon Protect plus.

Attachments

• 20200512_143924.jpg
    20200512_143924.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200512_143919.jpg
    20200512_143919.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom