MEET DIXIE! Molly SURVIVOR from deaths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Meet DIXIE! She is Angel's sister, the only 2 left from Maggie, my first Molly in my profile icon pic...
Dixie is one of the 5 survivors of the mass Molly loss I had, where I lost approximately 80 Molly Juvie's ... She's been well and showing no signs and symptoms of illness in 6-8 wks... She's doing quite well, so has joined our clan in big tank... She (and Angel) were born on September 9th and are almost 6 mths old... She's interesting for a Dalmatian Molly--- all jet black with the exception of her underbelly fins (what are those called?) that are white with spots. She seems thrilled with the space in the 29g--- moved from the 10g.
(the remaining 4 mollies are up on Craigslist--- 3 Dalmatian & 1 Silver)

View attachment 79190

View attachment 79191

You could be talking about one of three fins. Lol. The pectoral, which is where the chest would be on a human, the ventral, which is easy to remember because it sounds like central, and the anal, which I'm sure you can figure out without my assistance. Lol. :) her ventral is almost translucent white though.

LPXnoob said:
You could be talking about one of three fins. Lol. The pectoral, which is where the chest would be on a human, the ventral, which is easy to remember because it sounds like central, and the anal, which I'm sure you can figure out without my assistance. Lol. :) her ventral is almost translucent white though.

Yes! Thank you... The ventral fins... Very light white compared to her jet black everywhere else... I'm glad she seems to be in good health, holding top fin (name of that fin?) high and perky... and quite preggo...
She met (the unfortunately passed on) Cesar briefly several months ago... Presumably his babies...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom