Missing Shrimp? Eaten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlburns

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay I got a cherry shrimp yesterday and we haven't seen it since we put it in the tank. The biggest fish we have is a dalmation Molly that's about 3.5 inches. Is if possible he could have eaten it??? We literally can't see him anywhere but he was only about .5 an inch long.

They are great at hiding. I got a bunch they hid on the back of the filter intake, upside down in a cave. Wedged between to rocks..... He may be eaten but they are great at hiding for days in my tank.

Totally normal. Most of mine lost color when added to the new system. They colored up nicely as they settled in. Also females tend to get redder.

I found him :) but he doesn't have any red on him!? Is that normal...?

I wondered the exact same thing..I bought 4 about 1.5-2 weeks ago, and my male changed too once acclimated and he still has not changed back...he looks clear/brown.....I am still waiting for him to color back up.... but my other 3 stayed red and still red...IDK I am puzzled

Totally normal. Most of mine lost color when added to the new system. They colored up nicely as they settled in. Also females tend to get redder.

How long did that take? I am still waiting for my male after almost 2 weeks now....my 2 females and 1 unknown sex (still to small) never changed colors

Back
Top Bottom