MLB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishenthusiast

Aquarium Advice Addict
I couldn't resist leaving out America's pastime guys! With Spring Training nearly a month away, and with pitchers and catchers reporting in less than a month, it's time to get this thread started! This thread's purpose is for chatting about anything MLB related.

My favorite team is the Cincinnati Reds. I've been a fan since I was a little boy, just after I became a Buckeye fan ?. Cincinnati is a baseball city, as the Cincinnati Red Stockings were created in 1869--the first MLB team. Although the Reds might not have the most World Series victories, the history is very rich here. From Pete Rose to the Nasty Boys to the Big Red Machine, Cincinnati baseball is fun to be a part of. The owner is currently one of the best that we've had in a while--he brought Cincinnati the All-Star Game, along with an improved HOF and plenty of other amenities. Although the Reds are currently rebuilding, it will be fun to see the young prospects come up from the minors. Go Reds!

Who is your favorite team? Why are you a fan? Discuss anything you'd like about your favorite team. I hope this thread will be a joy for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Under a month away until Spring Training! The Reds start against Cleveland on March 1.

Cleveland Indian fan Here. Wishing for a break out season this year but usually that's all it is, Wishing.

Cleveland Indian fan Here. Wishing for a break out season this year but usually that's all it is, Wishing.

You guys seem to have the pitching, but the offense has a big question mark. If the Indians can produce on offense, I think they'll contend.

Opening Day is on Monday! Go Reds!

Scooter Gennett was 5 for 5 tonight with 4 home runs. I've got to say, quite the waiver claim! The Reds are 27-30, in 3rd place, and 3 games out. They are probably not going make the playoffs in the end, but they are going to be a thorn in the sides of other teams, especially when Disco, Finnegan, and Homer Bailey come off the DL. They are still in rebuild mode though, so it'll be interesting to see what the front office does at the deadline.

Scooter Gennett was 5 for 5 tonight with 4 home runs. I've got to say, quite the waiver claim! The Reds are 27-30, in 3rd place, and 3 games out. They are probably not going make the playoffs in the end, but they are going to be a thorn in the sides of other teams, especially when Disco, Finnegan, and Homer Bailey come off the DL. They are still in rebuild mode though, so it'll be interesting to see what the front office does at the deadline.
Yeah, awesome day!

Well the Reds have lost 12 of 13, have the worst starter ERA in the majors, and are in last place. Being a hopeful fan, I was hoping for contention when the injured starters came back, but the rebuild in still on. Time to shop Duvall, Cozart, Hamilton, Storen, and anyone else who can gain back talent for the future. The Reds have had two great drafts in a row by scouts' status, so contention isn't too far away if they can just get reliable starting pitching.

It's been a maddening baseball season......I'm a fan of the Cubs!

I never would've thought that the Brewers would be in first place this far into the season. It seems like every time the Cubs play the Reds it's a beatdown. Is the problem the pitching or the hitting for the Cubs, or both?

Depends on the day, some days pitching other slack of hitting. Mostly the pitching, when your team is built to hit HR and you don't ...pitching better be good.

Overall pitching us down from last year.

Back
Top Bottom