Multiple Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
I see many videos and pictures of people's tanks with multiple dwarf or multiple large angels. Is the trick adding them all at the same time? I always thought no matter what they would never get along.
Thanks.

It really depends which one. Some get 2 feet long and some maybe a foot and a half. IMO, I would not go with anything less than 180g.

Those tanks you see are a train wreck waiting to happen...most of em are all introduced as adults and never have a chance to establish territories ...They are extremely overstocked and i doubt the tanks stay stable for long periods of time before they crash..Not very fair to the fish either..I think its sad actually and hate to see it!....I have had my one angel(avatar) for a little over 2 years now...he was tiny when i got him and has changed and grown quite a bit...I think a 125 is bare minimum for 1 large angel and i am upgrading to a 240 long(8 feet x 2 feet ) next year ...I want to try and add one more angel ...

Yeah, but multiple dwarfs won't be that bad. Also, what if multiple juvenile large angels were introduced at the same time? They would have time to establish the dominant one and their territories.

I guess what i'm saying is ,,its not very good fish keeping practices to just cram all those fish into a tank for someones pleasure ,and just to say they did it,and I still think those tanks are doomed!What would one consider a success ,,6 months ,a year..to me thats not success,,just beating the odds ,,for now..To me seeing all those beautiful angels pacing back and forth bumping into each other is actually unattractive and not very appealing ..I personally like seeing my fish swim around freely without crashing into eachother...

Yeah but he said only 1 large angel. You also don't know how big the tank is. But I agree with you that I hate seeing tanks that are extremely crammed.

Yeah, he did say one,,i got a little carried away(i have a soft spot for angels:wink:) and i gave my honest opinion about a 125 being the bare minimum for 1 large angel

Back
Top Bottom