My Danios got himself stuck in one of my plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish24907

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I just had the craziest experience I've had in my 6 months of fish keeping.

I came home and didn't see my red glo fish danio. I looked around my tank a little and I saw a red thing under my plants (in their "roots") and it wasn't moving at all. I thought he was dead!

So I lifted up the plant and wa-lah! He came out! He was alive, but I guess he was just stuck in the plant! I was so happy to see that he was alive!

But now I am wondering if i should get rid of my plants? For now, I have decided to leave the plants in there. I mean, plants are there in a natural pond or lake and the fish have to be smart enough not to get stuck in them.

What do you all think? Any of you had any similar experiences?

i had that happen to two of my glo fish they were both ok but instaed of under a plant they wedged themselves under the rocks i had on the bottom of the tank.

I have keep danios for a while now and have come to two conclusions. 1) they are psychotic and 2) while they are fun to watch because they are so fast, that seems to be the only survival trait they have. When my cat jumps on top of the tanks and sticks her paws in the water all the other fish swim away, but the danios go straight over and check it out....... so far none have been caught and if she does actually get one than.... well that's nature. I have stopped trying to keep her out of the tanks because no matter what I do she finds a way to get in. Soooooo IMO danios are not the smartest fish out there, but still a household favorite!

Back
Top Bottom