My mudskippers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want everyone to know that this tank is temporary. I will be upgrading them to a 30-40 gallon tank this summer. These guys are young and get along very well.

YouTube - Mudskipper hunting cricket

2q03wqe.jpg

this pic was take with my phone. i tried to get a pic while he was showing off his fins

i dont know why these guys arent more popular. they are easy to take care of and they are so funny. when i go up to the tank they hop up onto land waiting for me to feed them and its fun to watch them hunt down a cricket.

My lfs (just went out of business this week) ordered them for me for $10 a piece and they are very hardy. They have to be in order to live in their natural environment. They have to adapt to daily changes in specific gravity and they spend most of their time on land. I really want to move these guys to a bigger tank. If i had to have only 1 tank these guys would be it. They are amusing.

absolute min 10 gallons each. Its not so much volume but area. A 20 long would do just fine for most of the small species just as long as there isnt much aggression.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom