my new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Five

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i just earned my knew fish in some carnival game and decided why not keep it. and it is very inactive... li just sit on the bottom and do nothin... it happily accepts food .bt. can anyone tell mee whatss wrong with itt?

It's probably a goldfish, correct me if I'm wrong. But your gonna have a lot of work ahead of you if it is.

What type of fish is it?
What do you have it in?
Did you dechlorinate the water?
What are you feeding it?

my fish is orange on thetop and transparant on the bottom... also it is very thin.2 it very unexpectedely obtained fish so..i put it in some jar without any cap( the jar is big enough to fit about 10 apples) 3 i just used some sink water4 im feeding it with tetrafin goldfsh crisps and please forgive me for my innocence.

Five said:
my fish is orange on thetop and transparant on the bottom... also it is very thin.2 it very unexpectedely obtained fish so..i put it in some jar without any cap( the jar is big enough to fit about 10 apples) 3 i just used some sink water4 im feeding it with tetrafin goldfsh crisps and please forgive me for my innocence.

I can understand where your coming from, but if you don't plan on caring for it properly it wasn't the best idea to post it on a fish forum, but you are still welcome :)

Can you post a picture?
Do you plan on getting a fish tank?

:welcome: to AA! :)

Five said:

I assume goldfish. If so, I would try getting him a proper sized home before anything. Do you have any spare tanks by chance? Also, here's a good read:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...-Guide-and-FAQ-to-Fishless-Cycling/Page1.html

And if it is a goldfish, another thing to read:http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/goldfish-a-psa-153329.html

Hope this helped! Good luck (y)

i can ask my parents... i have abot 300 dollars... whats will be a best way to spend it?

Five said:
i can ask my parents... i have abot 300 dollars... whats will be a best way to spend it?

All I suggest with that money is a decent-sized tank for the goldfish (like as in 55 gallons) a real good filter (AquaClear 110 is both affordable and effective) some gravel, a good API Freshwater Master Test Kit, and Prime dechlorinator or any other good brand. The rest is all up to what you want. If you can't get that big of a tank for him, unfortunately all I could suggest is donate him to a friend or neighbor's pond :(

no i think i wull rathr buy him some aquarium with other stuff and some friends for him

You can try looking on Craig's list to see if they have any 55 cheap. Just make sure you see it before you buy it so you know if there are any cracks or other problems

Back
Top Bottom