my parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomasm87

Aquarium Advice Activist
My ph is 7.6 almost 8. GH is 2? KH is 10.
Just got my GH and KH test kit in. The KH took 10 drops to turn yellow and the GH took 2 drops to turn green.

I have a 10 gallon tank thats empty and im thinking of using it as a shrimp tank. But my parameters seem low. I know coral raises the hardness but how much do i need for a ten gallon tank?

Im thinking of stocking 20 Red Cherry Shrimp, 10 Tiger Shrimp, and maybe 20 rili shrimp. Well they be fine? Should i up the number, lower the number or reconsider any? These are the shrimp i like.

I think you might want to just stick with one kind of shrimp because the cherries could outcompete the other two more delicate species for food.

Ok. Cherries look nice ill just go with those. But what about my waters chemistry? Is it fine for those species of shrimp or should I do something about it?

From my understanding, you will probably want your ph not to climb any higher than 7.6 for the Cherries. Although the have a wide range, they prefer a stable condition without much fluctuation.

Increasing your hardness will increase the pH because they are related. I think yours sounds fine the way it is though, cherries aren't picky.

Back
Top Bottom