My rbta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mashpotatoes74402

Aquarium Advice Freak
Half to 3/4 of it has shrunk in the last hour. And the bottom on each tentacle has turned greenish brown. Instead of the normal Please help. Don't want it to die. Clown is still tryin to host.
Nitrates at ~6ppm

We need a bit more info. How long have you had it? What kind of lighting do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For 2 months now. It's in a REDSEA max 130 about 3/4 of the way up

I hve two 55 watt. 50/50 power compact bulbs

My guess is that's not enough lighting to keep an anemone. I tried under 4x 54w t5 and it wasn't enough. If you can't upgrade your lighting I would say it's destined to fade away. Can you re-home it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Slightly off topic but it may be something affecting te rbta. ( which was back to normal the next day)
I have some brown ....algea? Growing on my sand bed. Only on the sand bed. It's been there for weeks. In small amount. Never developed into red slime. Just gets dark brown throughout the day Ten later in the day/ evening it kinda fades slightly whether this is due to snail and crab traffic or not. I don't know. Also everytime I try to upload a pc it says I've exceeded my quota.

if its a light brown colouring on the sand, check diatom pics out. If it is diatoms, simply wait it out. Diatoms eat silica (or rather use it) and crabs/snails eat diatoms. eventually it will go away

Back
Top Bottom