my water is cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr10half

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Could someone please help me. I've had fish for many years,and never had a problem with cloudy water. I changed my tank over to cichlids about two months ago. Everything was fine my water was crystal clear up until 2 weeks ago. I brought a sample of my water to petland discounts and they said my water was perfect after they took 5 viles of water that I brought them. They said the only thing that was high in my tank were the phosphates. So they sold me this sponge type thing to put in my Fluval90 submersible filter. That didn't work .I did another 50% water change and the water was clearer but not 100%. I don't know what else to do. I'm very frustrated because I never had this problem before.

First I would get an API liquid test kit. So you can test yourself. They are pretty cheap online. Second what does your water look like? Is it milky or greenish?

It's more brownish. I went to a few aquariums today and a few guys told me that since hurricane Sandy came there's been a lot of phosphorous in our new York water.

Back
Top Bottom