Near disaster with rodi flood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty Fraiser

Aquarium Advice Activist
My wife forgot to turn the rodi water off that feeds to a 30 gall drum In our laundry room. Drum overflowed that had a towel draped over the top of it. Flooded the laundry room. Used the water even though the towel had laid in it. Did a 24 gall water change in a 110 system with 30 gall sump. Skimmer went nuts. I'm assuming the detergent left over from the towel. It had been through the laundry. Opinions? Do you think it is enough to cause a problem? I knew better but was already disgusted.

My wife forgot to turn the rodi water off that feeds to a 30 gall drum In our laundry room. Drum overflowed that had a towel draped over the top of it. Flooded the laundry room. Used the water even though the towel had laid in it. Did a 24 gall water change in a 110 system with 30 gall sump. Skimmer went nuts. I'm assuming the detergent left over from the towel. It had been through the laundry. Opinions? Do you think it is enough to cause a problem? I knew better but was already disgusted.

So your saying its possible detergent entered your saltwater tank through the towel!? Your not going to want to hear this but I think you should do a massive WC immediately!!!!! Soap is so lethal to fish I can imagine what it would do to a saltwater tank

Back
Top Bottom