Need a completely new different fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had a whole array but at the moment I have 3 guppys one ram one weather loach one platy and a black widow tetra

Give some info and you will get a plethora of responses. Are they to go with your existing fish? what tank size? What would you consider your experiences level?

The other thing to consider is where you are. Lots of really cool fish get out-lawed in one country or another. There are some really awesome looking Channa out there that I would love to have, but they are illegal where I live, same with rays and arrowana.

I have 150 litre tank and I live in England and would say my experience lever is experienced I have owned fish for years

I have 150 litre tank and I live in England and would say my experience lever is experienced I have owned fish for years

If this is a new tank and not going with your current stock.

*(does best in brackish)

1. FW Puffers -Dwarf, *GSP or *F8
2. Dwarf Cichlids - Kribs and Apistos
3. set up a river tank and do hillstream loaches.
4. Rope Fish
5. Shrimp Tank
6. Elephant nose
7. Denison barbs (they are just now becoming more common around me)
8. Butterfly Fish
9. Archer Fish
10. *Dragon Goby
11. yoyo, zipper loaches

With your current stock

1. Ghost shrimp
2. Elephant nose
3. Denison barbs
4. yoyo. zipper Loaches

Not to offend, but the tetra and the loach need to be in a school. Which makes me think you aren't as experienced as you think.

Again, is this going with your current stock?

If this is a long 150 litre tank (91/92 cm) then a gourami would be an option. If it's a taller tank you could add an angelfish.

Pretty much if your keeping your current stock there isn't anything unusual you can put in it, unless your willing to spend some cash on getting rare fish. And with rare fish, they're going to be wild caught and need certain parameter. Which puts you back to a species only tank, so therefore you probably can't put it with your current stock.

If this is a new tank and not going with your current stock. *(does best in brackish) 1. FW Puffers -Dwarf, *GSP or *F8 2. Dwarf Cichlids - Kribs and Apistos 3. set up a river tank and do hillstream loaches. 4. Rope Fish 5. Shrimp Tank 6. Elephant nose 7. Denison barbs (they are just now becoming more common around me) 8. Butterfly Fish 9. Archer Fish 10. *Dragon Goby 11. yoyo, zipper loaches
Dragons need saltwater. I'm pretty sure Butterfly's do too.

Dragons need high end brackish, butterflies are freshwater tropical. I'd go for the butterflies, they a great freshwater predator, they really odd looking and they develop real personality. That need a lot of surface space though.

Elephant nose need a minimum off 200 litres and do better on there own (species tank)

I would go out and buy 3 more weather loaches and 5 more black widow tetras first thing. Before adding any more fish. As far as oddballs go you are pretty limited here. I would say your best bet is an African Butterfly fish as previously stated. That would probably almost max out your tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom